Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Oh Bradley

So we've decided we want to use the Bradley method, or at least learn it, to prep for getting this baby out of me. In early February I did round one of research to see what was even offered in our area. Hypnobabies, hypnobirthing, and Bradley all seemed to have classes that we could do, but it was way too early. The info available was for June/July due dates.

While I waited I actually discussed the differences with my husband. About an hour of our February flight was full of sports analogies for birthing classes and doulas, followed by descriptions of it all. He settled on Bradley. I'm pretty sure he just didn't like the name of the others but I take the same approach you take with a toddler-only give choices you're willing to live with.

Last week I decided it was time to start looking again. Our schedules can be a bit crazy so I wanted to find the perfect fit. In the 5 weeks since I last looked half of the classes for September due dates have started. There are 2-3 people who list flexible arrangements on their sites who I emailed and have heard nothing from in response. All of a sudden I feel like I waited to long and messed everything up.

Next week (I have a ridiculous weekend scheduled) I'm going to try again. I just hope it's not too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment