Monday, April 19, 2010

Awe

Right now I'm in awe of all single moms and moms that are pregnant with a child that doesn't nap anymore. I'm taking care of a 7 year old through the end of the week and just 24 hours in I'm exhausted. Like if I wasn't pregnant I'd be on my second or third machiato of the day.

*insert brief interlude while I daydream about coffee*

I know I'm getting off easy because he's a great kid. As in yesterday while watching (mom sanctioned) cartoons I was able to catch a few cat naps without anything crazy happening. My spidey sense kicked in any time he moved from the couch he was sitting on, which wasn't that often. The rest of the day was playing, homework, a few errand that mom left and seeing a movie. The movie was his idea, though I was all over the idea of sitting in a cool dark room for 90 minutes.

Despite the pretty chill day and almost 9 hours of sleep I am wrecked today. So to all of you moms out there- you have my awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment