Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Maternity Plunge

As of last Sunday I've officially given up any and all bottoms that have a zipper. I have 1 pair of maternity jeans, a maternity skirt and a few elastic waist skirts. Those, along with gym/yoga pants have been making my wardrobe. I probably should have made the switch a little over 2 weeks ago but I was being stubborn. Then I realized- how often is it socially acceptable to wear what amounts to an elastic waistband in public?

Today I did some shopping and added to the maternity wardrobe. I got 3 maternity shirts- a plain black t and 2 that I can wear to work-and 4 dresses. The dresses are what sent me to the store. On Tuesday my husband's company announced a somewhat mandatory cocktail reception in 2 weeks. I then spent 3 days freaking out about finding something appropriate. There aren't many store around that carry maternity clothing that's affordable, in my size, and nice all at the same time. On Friday my boss and 2 other recently pregnant friends all gave me the same advice. Get a regular dress a little big in a forgiving fabric and cut. So I went up a size in the regular store and found a few things that work now and should work until the end.

Tomorrow I hope to rearrange my closet, putting all of the really cute spring skirts that I have no chance of fitting into, and anything else not belly friendly away. The elasticy stuff, the maternity stuff, and regular shirts that are long enough to hide the maternity waistbands will be taking center stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment