Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's Raining Babies!

In the best possible way. I jokingly referred to last years as the year of babies. Nothing tells you you're getting older like 10 babies being born to friends and associates in one year.

It started with my girl from grad school, then my boss, 2 former coworkers, two families from my husband's group of friends,a friend from a study abroad program, a work associate based in my neighborhood, and another work associate. There was a set of twins for those actually counting.

My husband has a big group of gaming friends-big group. We chose our neighborhood because 4 couples from the group lived here (and the house was a great deal). So our move brought the number up to five. At a baby shower for one of the neighborhood couples I learned that 4/5 of us are pregnant. Additionally exciting because the other couples have had to work with fertility docs to get to this point. Everyone is over the moon and I think I should win an award for keeping my mouth shut... It also looks like I will be due within 2 weeks of of one of the ladies.

If that weren't enough, this morning I got an awesome baby email. I have a group from one of my study abroad programs that has stayed close 9 years later. KJ, who is local announced that she's expecting twins this summer. Her wedding was the first friend's wedding I attended. It was my first trip to the state where I now live and a crazy trip to pull off- 10 of us told her we wouldn't be able to make it, let her mom in on the hoax, coordinated flights, and showed up at her rehearsal dinner wearing shirts that spelled out SURPRISE!!

So while there may not be as many babies in 09, the proximity of the '10 babies has me buzzing.

No comments:

Post a Comment